Looking to play Roblox on a Chromebook? See all the possible options covered in this comprehensive post for different types of Chromebooks.
Playing Roblox on a Chromebook isn’t straightforward as playing it on a PC or Mac, and with other operating systems where you can simply download and install the game.
However, depending on your Chromebook, it might be as easy as installing the Roblox app from the Google Play Store and enjoying the game as you do on any other mobile device.
Even when your Chromebook doesn’t allow you to install apps, there are workarounds for you to play Roblox using Now.gg or other methods using the Chrome browser.
Playing Roblox via Google Play Store on Chromebook
Let’s look at the easiest option first. If you are lucky to be on one of the latest Chromebook models, chances are that you have access to the Google Play Store.
Just like you install any other app on your Android phone, you can install Roblox from the Google Play Store on your Chromebook and start playing it without any issues. This is the most reliable way to play Roblox on Chromebooks.
Follow the step-by-step instructions below to get started:
Step 1: Go to the settings page of your Chromebook- click on the settings icon under the quick settings menu.
Step 2: Check for Google Play Store settings and click the “Turn on” Button. You will find the settings under the “Apps” section where you can click “Turn On” to enable Google Play Store. (Settings > Apps > Google Play Store).
Go through the terms of service and click “Accept.” This will now allow you to install apps and games from Google Play on your Chromebook.
Step 3: Search for Roblox in the Google Play store and click on the Install button.
Step 4: Once installed, you can open the Roblox app from your list of “All Apps” by clicking on the Apps Launcher Icon on the left end of your Chromebook screen.
Step 5: As you can see, this is the Android version of the Roblox app that you can start playing on your Chromebook.
The game will work just as fine as it does on any other Android device. The performance will depend on the specs of your Chromebook though.
If you don’t see the settings for the Google Play Store icon on your Chromebook, it probably means that your device doesn’t support it or has been disabled by your administrator. In that case, you can try one of the other methods below to play Roblox on Chromebook.
Please note that installing Roblox from Google Play Store is not supported for all Chromebooks. You can see the list of all Chromebooks that support installing Android apps here.
Don’t see your Chromebook under the list of Chromebooks that support Android Apps to Install Roblox Directly above? See if these alternative ways can work for you.
Playing Roblox on Older Chromebook Models
If you have an older Chromebook that doesn’t have access to Google Play Store, there’s still a way for you to play Roblox.
Installing and Playing Roblox With ARC Welder
You can use the ARC Welder extension for Google Chrome to install and run Roblox on your Chromebook.
Just follow these steps to install and play Roblox using the ARC Welder extension.
- Download the Roblox APK file from a trusted source like this one or this one. Make sure you get the latest version of the game.
- Install the ARC Welder extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- Open ARC Welder and select “Add your APK“.
- Select the Roblox APK file you downloaded in the first step.
- ARC Welder will now install and launch Roblox.
- Sign in with your Roblox account and start playing!
ARC Welder makes it possible to run Android apps like Roblox even when you don’t have support for Google Play Store to officially install the apps. It seems there are multiple ARC Welder apps available on the Google web store.
Playing Roblox via Remote Session on Chromebook
If you want to play Roblox on your Chromebook but don’t have the authority of installing apps, you can use a remote desktop application to access the game from another computer.
You can stream the Roblox game from any computer you wish and access the connection from your Chromebook to access it. This can be handy if you want to access your home computer from school or ask for access to your friends’ computers.
You will need to use Chrome Remote Desktop on your Chromebook, which is a free and easy-to-use application that lets you access another computer via the Chrome browser.
Just follow these steps to stream Roblox on your Chromebook:
- Download and install Chrome Remote Desktop on the home computer you want to stream the game from.
- Open Chrome Remote Desktop and click “Enable remote connections“.
- Click “Get Started” and follow the instructions to set up your computer for streaming.
- Once you’ve finished setting up, open Chrome Remote Desktop on your Chromebook.
- Enter the code that was generated on the computer you’re streaming from and click “Connect”.
- You should now see the desktop of the computer you’re streaming from.
You can now Launch Roblox on the remotely accessed computer and start playing.
As you can see, it’s pretty easy to play Roblox on your Chromebook via remote access but what if you don’t have access to any additional computers?
Perhaps, you might be able to access cloud gaming services directly from your Chrome browser.
Playing Roblox in Chrome Browser with Now.gg
Another method when you can’t install apps on your Chromebook is to use a cloud gaming platform like Now.gg. With the Now.gg website, you can play Roblox in your Chrome browser without having to download or install anything.
To get started, follow the steps below:
- Go to Now.gg Website using your Chrome browser
- Search for Roblox in the search bar and click on the game from the search results.
- Click on the “Play Now” button to launch the game on their cloud platform
- Sign in to Roblox using your account details.
- Start playing Roblox in your Chrome browser!
While this method is pretty straightforward, you might easily face several issues while accessing Now.gg and playing the game on a third-party website. Check out our complete Now.gg Roblox guide for details instructions.
How to play Roblox on a school Chromebook?
If you are trying to play Roblox at school on a Chromebook, the best bet is to try one of the methods mentioned above.
Depending on your school’s policies, you might be able to install the Roblox app from the Google Play Store or use the ARC Welder extension to play the game.
You can also try to play Roblox via a remote session on your Chromebook using the Chrome Remote Dekstop application that we discussed above.
Keep in mind that some schools might have blocked non-educational sites and applications such as Roblox, and you might not be able to play the game even if you are using one of the methods mentioned above.
Your Chromebook might have a firewall installed by the school administrator blocking your access to install and play any games.
The best thing to do is to talk to your school’s IT department and see if they can unblock Roblox for you, if that’s a possibility at all.
If you are sure there’s no firewall blocking the game’s installation, and you still can’t seem to make Roblox work for you, please see the troubleshooting instructions below.
How To Play Roblox On A Chromebook Without Lag?
If you’re experiencing problems such as your game slowing down or lag issues while playing Roblox on your Chromebook, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the issue:
- Check your Internet connection – A slow or unstable Internet connection is often the root cause of lag issues, according to Roblox. Try connecting to a faster WiFi network if available, or make sure your internet connection is stable.
- Update your Chromebook – Outdated software can also lead to performance issues. Make sure your Chromebook is running the latest version of Chrome OS, and check to see if any updates are available by clicking on “Check for updates” on your settings page.
- Close background apps – Too many apps running in the background can also cause lag and slow down your game. Try closing any unnecessary apps or tabs that might be running in the background.
- Restart your Chromebook – If all else fails, restarting your device can often fix minor performance issues as it stops all other processes that you might not be aware of.
- Check for updates – Keep your Chromebook’s apps up-to-date, as updates often bring performance improvements and bug fixes.
- Contact Roblox Support Team – If you’re still experiencing lag issues or any other issues, contact the Roblox customer support team for further assistance. They ask you to include certain details, such as your Roblox username and error messages and the Model Name Of Your Chromebook, while contacting them.
What is Roblox?
If you are installing Roblox for your kids or haven’t come across the game before, you might easily wonder what Roblox is. It certainly helps to know why the game is so popular.
Roblox is a massively multiplayer online game developed by the Roblox Corporation where players can create their own virtual worlds using building blocks. The game has been around since 2006 and is very popular with children and teenagers.
It is one of the most popular gaming platforms on the internet today. With millions of users from all over the world, Roblox offers a diverse range of games that appeal to players of all ages and interests.
Whether you like strategy games, role-playing adventures, or multiplayer shooter games, there is something for everyone on Roblox. It has a collection of millions of different games, all created by users on its platform.
In addition to its great selection of games, Roblox also boasts a vibrant online community where gamers can connect and compete against each other.
Playing Roblox on Chromebook FAQs
As Chromebook doesn’t offer a straightforward way to install Roblox like other operating systems, there are bound to be several queries. So, here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions and issues about playing Roblox on Chromebook.
Can I play Roblox on a Chromebook without downloading?
Yes, you can play Roblox on a Chromebook without having to download or install anything. Some of the popular ways include playing via remote session or using the Now.gg website, which lets you play Roblox directly in your Chrome browser.
Can you get Roblox on a Chromebook?
Yes, you can get Roblox on Chromebook using the Google Play Store. You need to enable the settings for Play store and install the android app of Roblox on your Chromebook.
How to play Roblox on Chromebook without Google Play Store?
If your Chromebook doesn’t have access to the Google Play Store, you can try installing the Roblox app using the ARC Welder extension.
How to play Roblox on a School Chromebook?
You might have Roblox blocked on your School Chromebook. See if you can enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook or try playing using a remote session and directly using the Chrome browser.
Start Playing Roblox on Chromebook
As you can see, there are a few different ways that you can play Roblox on your Chromebook. The best way to play will likely depend on the type of Chromebook that you have and your personal preferences.
If you want the simplest and most straightforward solution, then installing the Roblox app from the Google Play Store is probably your best bet.
However, if your Chromebook doesn’t support installing apps or you don’t have the authority to do so, then playing the game using the Chrome browser or using a remote session or streaming service might be a better option.
Roblox Chromebook App
See all the possible options for playing Roblox on Chromebook including different types and learn how to play Roblox unblocked in school settings.
Price Currency: USD
Operating System: ChromeOS
Application Category: Game
- Easy to install and play
- Powerful options similar to gaming on phone
- Requires latest Chromebook
- Might experience lag issues
Whichever way you choose to play Roblox on your Chromebook, we hope that this post has helped you explore the multiple options available to you.
Next, check out our other Roblox-related guides here at WebGuided.
- Free Robux Codes – Get ClaimRBX Promo Codes
- Now.gg Roblox Guide – How to Play Unblocked in Browser for Free